This helpful little book demonstrates step-by-step how to create these straightforward websites for blogs and other use cases, as well as how to enhance their functionality.
You'll work with some of the more established and well-liked static-site generators in the process.
It highlights the benefits of using static-site generators to create quick and safe websites. The addition of dynamic components and the conversion of an existing content management system to a static site will also be covered by web and front-end designers and developers.
- Build a basic four-page static site with the Harp generator
- Create a simple blog with Jekyll
- Develop a documentation site with Hugo by generating site files and creating the layout
- Add dynamic elements, such as forms, comments, and search
- Integrate a CMS with tools such as CloudCannon and Netlify CMS
- Use one of several options to deploy your static files
- Learn methods for moving an existing CMS to a static site