How difficult is it to create an iPhone application with gorgeous 3D graphics? With no prior knowledge of iPhone development or 3D graphics, this book will demonstrate how to apply OpenGL graphics programming approaches to any device running the iPhone OS, including the iPad and iPod Touch.
The iPhone SDK and OpenGL are covered in detail in iPhone 3D Programming, along with a wealth of helpful tips.
You'll create a number of graphics programs that concentrate on lighting, textures, blending, augmented reality, optimization for performance and speed, and much more. The examples you make will advance from simple to more complicated ones. All you need to get started is a strong grasp of C++ and a fantastic app idea.
- Learn fundamental graphics concepts, including transformation matrices, quaternions, and more
- Get set up for iPhone development with the Xcode environment
- Become familiar with versions 1.1 and 2.0 of the OpenGL ES API, and learn to use vertex buffer objects, lighting, texturing, and shaders
- Use the iPhone's touch screen, compass, and accelerometer to build interactivity into graphics applications
- Build iPhone graphics applications such as a 3D wireframe viewer, a simple augmented reality application, a spring system simulation, and more