A thorough resource for young professionals looking for their first job in the nonprofit sector is The Idealist Guide to Nonprofit Careers for First-time Job Seekers.
This book will give you invaluable tips, practical techniques, and nonprofit-specific resources to help you boost your job hunt, whether you are a current student, recent graduate, or someone just entering the workforce. The Idealist Guide was created to be simple to use and convenient to read by nonprofit career specialists.
- Why Nonprofit?
- Mastering a Job Search
- Self and Career Assessment
- Networking Strategies
- Job Search Tools
- Evaluating Organizational Culture
- Interviews and First Impressions
- Negotiating the Best Deal
- Myths and Facts About Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Speak 101