For the thousands of firmware designers, hardware engineers, architects, managers, and developers, this book is the ideal introduction and practical field guide to Intel's new firmware direction (including Quark coverage), demonstrating how to incorporate Intel® Architecture designs into their strategies.
This is the first book that combines a timely and comprehensive overview of firmware solutions for the rapidly changing embedded ecosystem with in-depth coverage of requirements and optimization. It includes practical examples and exercises using Open Source codebases like Coreboot and EFI Development Kit (tianocore) and Chromebook.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the key differences between PC and embedded ecosystems in terms of firmware needs.
- The thorough underpinning of Intel’s firmware solutions.
- How to build a firmware stack for Quark.
- How to integrate FSP with a bootloader, by studying the hands-on example of Coreboot and UEFI.
- How to make a smart "build-it or buy-it" decision when starting a new embedded project.